Author Topic: EVENING TSH CHAT WITH TERRYK & MAC 2/16/2016 9:00pm est  (Read 822 times)

Online arizona49

• Global Moderator
EVENING TSH CHAT WITH TERRYK & MAC 2/16/2016 9:00pm est
« on: February 16, 2016, 10:34:49 PM »
EVENING TSH CHAT WITH TERRYK & MAC 2/16/2016 9:00pm est
terryk:  SORRY FOR BEING ON TIME
terryk:  OR A MINUTE EARLY
terryk:  HEY AZ, HOGS, KKT, BJ, DB, DESTIN, DINAR, DR BILL, EMERYO, HONEY, HOT, JANN, LYNN, JAJIC, PHIL, SONY, TOMMY, YABBA, KAYCEE, GUARDIAN
hogs4life:  Hey TerryK
arizona49:
Hey terryk good to see you
terryk:  HEY MAC
majicsmoke:  hi y'all
mac:  hey!
terryk:  DID U SEE ALL THE NEWS TODAY
terryk:  OMG
mac:  yep!!!
terryk:  PEEPS I WOULD SAY THAT TONIGHT LATE MAYBE THE WITCHING HOUR
arizona49:   mac  Hi
mac:  az hi ya!
hogs4life:  I am praying you are correct TK
jannilew:  me too
hogs4life:   Hey Mac
mac:  hogs!!
arizona49:  tina Hey there
mac:  Hey tina!!!
tina:  Hi arizona, Mac
hogs4life:   Hi Tina
terryk:  WOW TINA
terryk:  TACO TINA
tina:  Hi Terry
terryk:  WHAT'S UP ALL
guardian:  hello everyone--hope it has been a great day for you
terryk:  CONGRATS HOGS
guardian:  congratulations, Hogs! Wonderful news.
terryk:  BOY GIRL
hogs4life: Boy
mac:  So TK whatta ya got?
terryk:  TELL ME ABOUT SWISS ACCOUNTS
terryk:  AND WHY IRAN IS RUNNING HARD
terryk:  AND IRAQ HAS ONE
terryk:  BUT NEITHER ARE THERE
mac:  What are you talking about????
terryk:  SWIFT
terryk:  SORRY
terryk:  SO SWIFT ACCOUNTS MAC
mac:  Yes
terryk:  TELL ME WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR IRAN DOING THAT TODAY
terryk:  AND SINCE IRAQ HAS ONE WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR
mac:  Iran starting using their swift accounts as of today. Linking them to all the markets that can do business with them, except the US
terryk:  WHY NOT USA
mac:  Iraq is simply waiting for liquidity to utilize the swift system
terryk:  SO IS THERE A RACE
mac:  We have sanctions not allowing US business to deal with Iran, except for aviation (Boeing) and power (GE).
mac:  However GE wants to get into the gas and oil exploration markets in Iran
arizona49:  GE is exploring business opportunities for oil and gas sector in Iran http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Falmaalomah.info%2F2016%2F02%2F16%2Feconomic%2F19547&sandbox=1
terryk:  HMMMM
terryk:  TELL ME ABOUT THIS
terryk:  Dollar Pegged Countries Under Heavy Rate Strain World Economy Only on the streets of cities like Cairo, Abuja or Tashkent can you gauge just how much pressure developing countries are under to ease controls on their currencies. Individuals and businesses in five nations across Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa are paying anywhere from 4% to 136% more than official exchange rates to get their hands on dollars, according to a Bloomberg survey. So-called black markets flourish at times when there’s a shortage of greenbacks and are one indicator of how much a currency should be allowed to depreciate to reach its fair value. Central banks that uphold pegs have been under strain after tumbling commodity prices and slowing global growth weakened currencies from Brazil to Russia by at least 19% in the past year. In the four months that followed China’s shock devaluation of the yuan in August, Kazakhstan, Argentina and Azerbaijan abandoned control of their exchange rates to boost competitiveness and avoid draining reserves. “There is enormous pressure on some of the pegs in emerging markets, with the unofficial rate diverging significantly from the official one,” said Bernd Berg, an emerging-markets strategist at Societe Generale SA in London. “Countries like Nigeria are maintaining fixed exchange rates that are unsustainable. Once the pegs break, investors in the local currency face significant losses.” Street Rates In Argentina’s case, the move to a free float in December eliminated the 4.2-peso gap between the official and black market rates. In the months prior to the move, it cost as much as 50% more to buy the currency on the street than at the central bank rate. That premium is similar to what currency vendors in Nigeria’s capital Abuja are charging for dollars now, while hawkers in Tashkent are demanding more than double to convert the Uzbeki soum. The cost to buy the US currency in unregulated trading in Egypt keeps rising even after the central bank devalued the pound three times last year. The street rate “is a better reflection of where a market-based rate should be,” said Simon Quijano-Evans, the chief emerging-markets strategist at Commerzbank AG in London. It shows “how domestic participants and individuals really feel about their currencies,” he said. The existence of a black market isn’t the only indicator that a country may be on the verge of changing currency policy. There wasn’t a parallel rate in Kazakhstan when the country relinquished control of the tenge to boost competitiveness for its goods in neighboring China and Russia. Nigeria—naira Since Africa’s biggest crude producer started managing the naira at 197-199 per dollar in March 2015, oil prices tumbled more than 40%. Under these pressures, central bank reserves fell to $28 billion this month. Non-deliverable forwards predict the naira will drop another 30% from the official rate to 288 in 12 months, approaching the black market level that exceeds 300 per dollar. Angola—kwanza Angola has been reducing the amount of foreign exchange it makes available to banks and businesses over the past two years to stem the drain on reserves that fell to the lowest levels since 2011 last year. The central bank let the kwanza depreciate 24% in 2015 and another 15% last month. But that may not be enough, with hawkers selling the currency at a premium of 136% to the official rate at 161 on Friday. Egypt—pound Egypt’s ability to defend the currency with reserves has been crippled since the so-called Arab Spring uprising five years ago triggered political instability, drove out foreign investors and curbed tourism, one of the country’s biggest sources of hard currency. The pound, which has fallen 26% since the end of 2010, is still under pressure as street vendors in Cairo charge 8.75 to buy dollars, compared with an official rate of 7.83. Uzbekistan—soum A slowdown in China and a plunge in the currencies of Russia and Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan’s biggest export markets, are weighing on the Central Asian economy. While low external debt and “large” international reserves provide a cushion, Uzbekistan is likely to allow the soum to weaken at least 15% this year to restore competitiveness. The black market rate of 5,950 in soum is more than double the official level at a record-low 2,837. The central bank let the exchange rate slide 13% in 2015, compared with drops of 20% for the ruble and 46% for the tenge. Tajikistan—somoni This country of 8 million people borders Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, China and Afghanistan in the heart of Central Asia. It relies on remittances from workers abroad. The Tajik currency dropped 25% last year and trades at 7.84 per dollar, compared with an unofficial rate of 8.15.
mac:  How is GE getting around sanctions when they were brought in to build power plants. I see an unfair advantage here.
terryk:  GE MAY HAVE ALOT OF IRAN STAKE HOLDERS
terryk:  AND I DON'T KNOW IF GE IS COMPLETELY A US COMPANY ANYMORE
terryk:  Central Bank: the public retains 85 percent of the money in circulation in the market The Iraqi Central Bank, said Tuesday that 85% of the money in circulation in the market is to the public, and noted that State banks accounting for most of the financial reserves of the deposits of the public, the Ministry of Finance refused to increase benefits. The Director General of the Directorate and in Central Bank coffers Ihsan HostMonster reporters obtained by agency "news economy traded today in the market of Iraqi currency reached 38 trillion dinars, of which 85% among the general public and 15% in the banking system", stating that "the funds of the public portion of trading and other chunky." Hostmonster, added that "the Central Bank is trying to encourage the public by luring him with certain tools such as issuing bonds and remittances even gets the dinar from the public that depends on the Ministry of finance, which owns the largest banks that acquires greater financial reserves of the deposits of the public which must convince the public giving high interest but this increase rejected recent." Hostmonster, confirmed that "the Bank thinks the lure the audience to pull the dinar by putting the interest of 15% of national financial bonds the Ministry of finance, however, hesitant and not enthusiastic," pointing out that Iraq should reflect phase and to respond to financial pressure bank issuing bonds to solve the problem. " http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...4%25d8%25a7/
mac:  IDK TK GE is an international US registered company. Someone is getting a leg up. Maybe O screwing Saudi Arabia
mac:  So 15% is 5.7 billion dinars.
terryk:  HOLD ON MAC
terryk:  MAC
terryk:  TELL ME MORE NEWS
mac:  yes
terryk:  Central: We are responsible for the financial and currency auction unprepared for the exercise of this role ~~~ Tuesday February 16, 2016 10:05 Alsumaria News / Baghdad, said the Iraqi Central Bank, on Tuesday, he was in charge of holding the currency auction, between the Ministry of Finance is ready to exercise that role. The governor of the bank on the Keywords in an interview with Alsumaria's News, "The central bank is responsible for conducting the auction currency under the law, which he considers responsible for the stability of the exchange rate, "noting that" it is theoretically possible that the Ministry of Finance to conduct an auction currency, but in practical terms is not possible. " He Keywords that "the Ministry of Finance is not interested in achieving the goals of monetary policy Castaqrar exchange, but is interested in obtaining as much as possible from the dinar from the sale of dollars without paying attention to the overall stability of prices or the exchange rcookie says(): rate stability," explaining that "this process by type of risk can not the Ministry of Finance unsustainable. " He continued," the Ministry of Finance has historically not accustomed to exercise such a process so that the balance between sales of the dollar and the stabilization of the exchange rate, "stressing that" the central bank has the mechanisms and tools and his outlook and the rules of his work and his ability to control the this process. " Central Bank of Iraq and founded an independent bank under the law issued on the sixth of March 2004, as an independent body, which is responsible for maintaining price stability and the implementation of monetary policy, including exchange rate policies being sessions a day for buying and selling currencies. http://www.alsumaria.tv/...%3b%D9%84/ar
mac:  ON Iran Japan will be involved in construction, Germany has made agreements to do business with Iran and Britain will be hosting 2 events this year supporting investing in Iran
terryk:  SO WHY DID I GET A MESSAGE TODAY THAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING OVERSEAS TODAY THAT COULD BE CAUSE TO BE EXCITED
terryk:  SUCH AS BANK SCREENS CHANGING
mac:  China will complete the Silk Road, it will start in CHina and end in Europe
mac:  I dont know anything about bank screens, I do know the world markets are propped up with toothpicks right now and one good shake will have the whole thing falling down.
terryk:  I'M SHAKING THE CARDS NOW MAC
mac:  Something has got to give and soon.
tina:  Mac tell me about it
hogs4life:  Mac, I sure hope we see something soon. I agree with you.
mac:  I believe we will soon.
terryk:  Strategic central bank Author: Yasser incumbent 2/17/2016 0:00 Now the Iraqi Central Bank has set the main lines of the course of monetary policy for five years represented by firing strategic plan for the years 2016 - 2020, which had its opening ceremony of a high-level presence in the person of the President of the Iraqi parliament and the collection of the respective personnel in the banking sector who are the owners of the need for the central vision of the future with their activities. Characterized by strategic clearly and transparently presenting perceptions of those in charge of the central bank in dealing with the economic situation as a whole, considering that money is the main driver for all economic actors and including the houses of capital participated in the launch ceremony means that they are aware with all requirements out of the grim financial crisis, and thus the central vacated discharged the responsibility of tripping for clarity Strutijeth. Then there is a real need to clarify the nature of the relationship approaching on the implementation of this strategy and it is essential that people with groping involved in their implementation of the direct relationship they arm the central bank and the banking sector of the task entrusted to them. Now required to work on the dismantling of this strategy according to the required roles of all the arms in question to ensure the success of this strategy in achieving the goals required to achieve financial stability, meaning that they can be the entire banking sector in response to both the private Awaovernma to hedge and determine the effects of the crisis .althadi most prominent facing this strategy lies in the gap in the ownership of modern technology and the adoption of international standards in banking transactions between the private and government sectors, where the government sector remained late in the recruiting technology. This challenge requires first to legislate unzip government banks link the Ministry of Finance and linked Bantrza and then restructured so they can be to compel it to its laws and instructions and then privatized and thus implement the strategic smoothly. Therefore, we stress the importance of attention to the experts calls for the necessity of homogeneity of monetary and fiscal policy in order to respond to the crisis effectively so they can achieve basic financial stability in achieving the desired economic stability. http://www.alsabaah.iq/...px?ID=110647
mac:  That article about the auctions states the Ministry of Finance is capable of holding the auctions not the CBI.....
mac:  That "launch" happened yesterday at the Iraq CBI.
terryk:  THANK U MAC
mac:  OK all I gotta go serve dinner, Mrs. mac isnt feeling so well. See you all in the morning.....
terryk:  NIGHT MAC
hogs4life:  See you tomorrow Mac.
terryk:  MAC
tina:  good night Mac
guardian:  good night MAC
mac:  Goodnight Tina
terryk:  SO ANYWAY
terryk:  LET ME TELL U GOT A CALL EARLIER
terryk:  AND THEY WERE TELLING ME THEY "WHOMEVER" WAS GETTING INFO THAT
terryk:  PEEPS OVERSEAS ARE SEENING CHANGES IN PRICING
terryk:  NOT JUST IRAQ
terryk:  BUT ALL OVER