Author Topic: COFFEE HOUR W/TERRYK & MAC 2/12/2016 9:44AM EST  (Read 391 times)

Online arizona49

• Global Moderator
COFFEE HOUR W/TERRYK & MAC 2/12/2016 9:44AM EST
« on: February 12, 2016, 12:30:30 PM »
COFFEE HOUR W/TERRYK & MAC 2/12/2016 9:44AM EST
terryk:  MORNING TINA, KKT, AZ BJ, ANG, DESTIN, EMERYO, HOTCF, POP
terryk:  THAT WAS EASY
POP:  Mornin TK
arizona49:  terryk Good morning
.BJ:  morning tk
arizona49:  terryk How are you doing this morning?
terryk: WONDERFUL 
majicsmoke:  good morning everyone
arizona49:  terryk  similar news this morning, wtg on these new reforms of Abadi's to get in place....the new "technocrats" positions filled
arizona49:  majicsmoke morning
POP:  Are these technocrats filling up corrupt people currently in those positions?
arizona49:  That is what is being said, yes
POP:  Do we know how many positions/people
terryk:  I HEARD HE HAS
terryk:  SO LOOK AT THIS
terryk:  Iraqi Kurdistan has a 650-mile front with the Islamic State terror group, also known as ISIS or ISIL, and hosts almost 2 million refugees and internally displaced persons. Yet safety is not a top concern of anyone from the ministerial level to the front line to the bazaars and universities. Their crisis is economic. “The risk of economic collapse is scarier than the risk of ISIS," Masrour Barzani, chancellor of the Kurdistan Region Security Council, told me during an interview at his headquarters. Kurdistan is 100% different than what outsiders imagine. Locals and expatriates often say they feel safer than when visiting the United States. They contrast U.S. gun violence statistics with the dearth of terrorist attacks carried out on Kurdish soil. They trust their legendary Peshmerga forces to stop ISIL from crossing the front, and they don’t even worry about petty theft on the streets at night.
At the same time, the plunge of oil prices, lack of support from Baghdad and spooked foreign investors are elements of a frightening economic storm. Petroleum-fueled booms have collapsed elsewhere, but this one deserves special attention because Kurdistan is our most effective front-line ally against ISIL. Some soldiers and other government employees are months behind on being paid, and there have been protests about the delays. So what do Kurds on the front lines fighting ISIL want to communicate to U.S. and global audiences? On a trip last month to Iraqi Kurdistan to visit a former student, I spoke with dozens of people, including security, business, political, educational and religious leaders, some on the ISIL front and in refugee camps. Generals and troops at command outposts had a common refrain: First, American boots on the ground are not needed (with the exception of those already there in limited and special capacities). Second, they say they'd like more direct material assistance — equipment and ammunition. Ultimately, all say that higher morale and momentum are on our side, and that ISIL is contained and possible to defeat. Some ventured prognoses that ISIL could be vanquished in as little as seven months, depending on our level of support.  terryk:
The bigger and tougher battle is weaning the Kurdish economy off oil. Diversified, sustainable development turned out to be the real overarching theme of conversations with business, academic and even security leaders. Entrepreneurial capacity-building came up repeatedly in talks with faculty and leaders at Salahaddin University, University of Duhok and Charmo University. “We will not defeat (ISIL) with bullets and bombs alone. We need wise investment too,” Duhok Gov. Farhad Atrushi told me in his office. The most promising alternative drivers of prosperity include agriculture, which could potentially make Kurdistan a net exporter of food, and (believe it or not) tourism. Kurdistan hosts protected biodiversity hot spots in the Zagros Mountains, Lalish (the center of the Yazidi faith) and the more than 6,000-year-old citadel in Irbil (possibly the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world). Before 2013, there were shortages of hotel rooms as tourists from neighboring countries flocked to the canyons and waterfalls around Rawanduz.   Tourism has thrived in part because the Kurds take pride in being welcoming, tolerant and pluralistic. Their front-line women soldiers are but the most obvious and memorable symbol of this inclusiveness. Less dramatic but equally revealing are the Kurdish Muslims’ encouragement to visit the Yazidis’ holy site of Lalish; Chaldean Bishop Rabban al-Qas’ proud boast to me in the Duhok Parish Center that he “does not push religion” at his Duhok International Private School; an international relations office at the University of Duhok that is run by Rund Hammoudi, a Sunni Arab woman; and the simple fact that one can mingle with locals and expats at a fully equipped bar — all of this within an hour’s journey by car to the ISIL front. Especially in light of our common cultural values, it is unfortunate that Kurdistan’s problems and promise are not better known to Americans. Beyond the immediate war to defeat ISIL and managing the refugee crisis in Kurdistan, the Kurds have a long-term and dire need to transition from an oil-dependent system of meeting needs and generating prosperity. U.S. educational, business and public institutions, as well as individual Americans, must help our friends innovate ways to prosper that do not rely on oil. It is a battle equal if not greater in difficulty and gravity to the more obvious war, and the sacrifices made to date will be for naught if we do not win it.
terryk:  MORNING MAC
mac:  Morning sir.
arizona49:  mac Good morning (coffee)
terryk:  SO THE DUME AND GLOOM IS REALLY AND MOST LIKLY LIMITED TO TARGETED AREAS
mac:  Thanks AZ
arizona:  yw
.BJ:  you have 2000 armed troops and half a million starving people which do you think is the most dangerous
mac:  I dont get it.
terryk:  WELL IT'S LIKE THIS
.BJ:  if you are starving your chances of dying are great, so if you attack armed troops that have food you mignt win and end up with the food
terryk:  IT IS WHAT IT IS AND THEY EITHER SURVIVE OR DIE
terryk:  HEY GUARDIAN
terryk:  I REMEMBER IN THE DAY DEATH WAS MAJOR TO US, NOW IT'S THE NORM
terryk:  AGAIN LITTLE BY LITTLE MEANS LESS AND LESS
mac:  This article simply states what is systemic throughout Iraq because they depended too heavily oil oil revenues thinking they took their cues from saudi arabia. So in essense Iraq and kurdistan are in the same boat, Kurdistan is just cleaner
guardian:  hi TK
terryk:  YEPPERS
mac:  Its more of just stating the obvious. Nothing new here for me.
terryk:  HOW ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
terryk:  Paris Seminar Highlights VN’s Reform For Sustainable Growth February 12, 2015 By VNP Paris, February 11 (VNA) – New policies implemented by the Vietnamese Government to manage challenges and ensure sustainable growth were introduced at a seminar in Paris, France on February 10. The event, co-organised by the Vietnamese Embassy in France and the Centre for Asian Studies under the French Institute of International Relations, aims to update French scholars, economic experts and the business community of Vietnam’s recent economic reforms to maximise its strengths and overcome challenges to sustainable growth. It also advised participants of the new regulations of the Law on Investment and the Law on Enterprises, as well as information on the European Union-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement, both of which Vietnam is currently negotiating. In his presentation at the seminar, Associate Professor Dr. Nguyen Duc Khuong from the IPAG Business School in Paris noted that Vietnam has carried out reforms in its legal and education systems, business climate, and tax structure to ensure smooth integration in the region and the world. He also pointed out the current difficulties and challenges facing the country and stressed the need to optimize the effectiveness of strategic partnership agreements signed between Vietnam and 13 of its counterpart nations. Oliver Massmann, General Director of Duane Morris Vietnam LCC, delivered a speech highlighting Vietnam’s efforts to implement strong development reforms, including an overview of Vietnam’s economy and its remarkable results in 2014. The event offered a valuable opportunity for French businesses to get an insight into Vietnam, encouraging them to partner with and expand their investment in Vietnam in the future. VNA/VNP http://www.vietnambreakingnews.com/...able-growth/
French Firms Updated With Vietnam’s Economic Reforms February 12, 2016 By Hanoitimes The Hanoitimes – Vietnam Embassy in France and the French Institute of International Relations (IFRI) have recently co-hosted a seminar on Vietnam’s economic reforms and the role of new strategic partners. The event is designed to highlight Vietnam’s achievements in various fields during the international economic integration in recent years, introduce the underway reforms by the Vietnam Government to help take advantage of the country’s economic advantages and opportunities in order to overcome challenges in regional and global connectivity. ~~~ Speaking at the seminar, the Vietnam Embassy’s Trade Counsellor Nguyen Canh Cuong said the purpose of the workshop is to update information to help scholars, officials and French entrepreneurs raise awareness about recent economic reforms in Vietnam, and new regulations in the Investment Law, the Corporate Law, and especially the two important trade agreements Vietnam is actively engaging in negotiations- the Vietnam-EU Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Duc Khuong- a lecturer from IPAG Business School Paris reviewed the process of Vietnam’s international economic integration, introduced new policies being implemented by the Vietnam Government to cope with challenges and ensure sustainable growth. Lawyer Oliver Massmann from Duane Morris Law Firm Vietnam LLC, in his report, gave a Vietnam’s overall economic picture with encouraging results in 2014. He also expressed his optimism about positive changes in Vietnam, notably the ongoing reforms which, he believes, will make great strides in the future. During the seminar, delegates raised questions concerning the underway reforms in such fields as industry, energy and banking and touched upon opportunities foreign firms, including French businesses can fully utilize to accelerate investment cooperation. VOV/Hanoitimes http://www.vietnambreakingnews.com/2016/02/french-firms-updated-with-vietnams-economic-reforms/
mac:  However the US just added 67 more names to the "List of 71" bringing the total to 138
terryk:  LET THE DONG GO!!!!!
mac:  Now that is great news!
terryk:  LET IT RISE
terryk:  JUST SOUNDS WRONG
POP:  TK in your opinion will the Dong go along with iqd at same time
terryk:  ALWAYS BEEN TOLD THAT
terryk:  BUT HERE IS THE DEAL
terryk:  THE DONG IS OUT THERE ALREADY
terryk:  DOES NOT HAVE TO RI OR RV
terryk:  IT CAN JUST HAPPEN
mac:  It astounds me that China is allowing a US allied country to work there, but they used to own it anyway.
POP:  Any rate predictions on Dong and do you think it will float
mac:  POP I believe they will all float due to asset backing IMO
mac:  The market will cause equilibrium
POP:  Seems to me if they or any float we will have for some period maybe short an quick immediate increase in rate due to investor buy up
POP:  possibly like Kuwait dinar did
POP:  Does everyone in here believe Iran and Iraq rate will happen same time
mac:  POP depends on how long it takes investors to get out of physical gold and into the market.
mac:  That is not important to me.
mac:  Investors are leaving the market in droves. Moving into metals.
arizona49:  Investors 'go bananas' for gold bars as global stock markets tumble http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/gold/12151770/Investors-go-bananas-for-gold-bars-as-global-stock-markets-tumble.html
mac:  I mean what difference would it make if they did or didnt go together? Is there an advantage one over the other, not really IMO
terryk:  I HEARD TODAY MAJOR BUYS IN GOLD
terryk:  SORRY WAS ON THE PHONE
mac:  Me too. Investors are running from the market. The uptick on the dow is a dying market gasping for air. Too bad it happened on a Friday, now its a "To Be Continued" episode
mac:  I apologize if I'm coming across as negative this morning, its just that we see what is coming, we knew it would get to this point. Now the curtain closes till Monday morning. Wait, TUesday for us, Monday is Presidents day.
mac:  We know that the markets are unsustainable I just keep saying "So die already so we can move on"
.BJ:  remember the rest of the world keeps turning on presidents day
mac:  True. Just not us.
terryk:  BRING IT ON
mac:  TK AM I BEING A Negative Nelly?
terryk:  SURE U ARE BUT IT'S GOOD
arizona49:  mac we know it's coming, just the when is what is so frustrating....we all feel it
guardian:  MAC--that is negative Ned but we love you anyway and you do have good points
tina:  gm
mac:  To me its like someone being exposed as a fraud at a dinner party yet they sit there and continue to eat as if nothing is wrong. That by ignoring the truth it will all go magically away.
mac:  The good news in all this is we knew it would come to this. So that indicates the last hold out of the fiat markets are dying a slow yet painful death.
arizona49:  mac Very good point!
terryk:  BE RIGHT BACK
mac:  So I guess we should be encouraged that it is happening. This is the threshold to a much brighter and secure future.
mac:  Thats the upside for us.
arizona49:  absolutely
arizona49:  Remember wushock92's 3E's ..... Encourage, Educate & Entertain
mac:  true.
arizona49:  And man, have we been educated...know more about the ME Parliamentary procedure than I ever wanted too....
POP:  I know more about it than US system
POP:  sad to say
mac:  POP me too.
mac:  It amazes me that the big 3 (Russia, China, Iran) would be in control of the defeat of what we were always programmed to believe would never fail, the US Dollar.
POP:  what things going forward here in Us will we see with our currency
POP:  what things going forward here in Us will we see with our currency
arizona49:  mac you got that right, who would have thunk
mac:  I think TK would be better versed on that issue.
arizona49:  mac the one of those 3 that really boggles my mind, is Iran
terryk:  BACK
terryk:  SORRY ABOUT THAT
POP:  yes ariz I am with you Iran particularly now...no loyalty huh...and who would have think huh ariz
arizona49:  POP on information overload at this point
mac:  POP, just my opinion, the fed fiat dollar will be transitioned out and moved to an asset backed currency be it the TRN USN or whatever they will call it. It means hopefully the FED will not be neccessary since the markets control our asset backed currency.
POP:  Does this mean mac that poor us dollar holder will not actually realize what has happened until 1 day they go to purchase and realize value is less
mac:  Advancement of Nations will be based on how wisely we use our resources not on manipulation. This also unfortunately ushers in an era toward one world currency. TOdays technology is showing how inefficient physical cash is in a world that can wave a phone to purchase something. COnditioning the masses will be easy, government have done it for decades.
POP:  ariz like you my mind just holds so much and I am running over
mac:  POP what I believe will happen is a exchange rate to get the fiat off the streets, it will be controlled and organised but I believe the ratio will be somewhere around 4-10 USD to 1 new TRN. But thats just my opinion only. Your mileage may vary.
POP:  Boy that would cause an up rising
terryk:  BE BACK
ETSDOCS:  I just read this and will be using it in my sermon on Sunday: "The strength of patience hangs on our capacity. I believe that God is up to something good for us in all of our delays and detours." It really applies to our "battle" with the dinar delays,
arizona49:  ETSDOCS Good morning to you sir
mac:  Not if it is done gradually, remember Iraq has already transitioned twice in 3 decades. (DInar to Saddam currency to DInar and finally lower denoms)
hogs4life:  Morning ETSDOCS. And AMEN to your sermon on Sunday
mac:  AMEN Dwight
POP:  mac a great reason for not being cash heavy
ETSDOCS:  Morning all - Iam here formy getteam fix for the day.
mac:  POP that is why TK has preached getting into physical metals after the RV and to just get fiscally healthy and let the dust settles
POP:  my plans exactly
arizona49:  mac yep, he's been saying that for a long time,,,,,listen, comprehend, and prepare
mac:  POP then you are "golden" pun intended.
mac:  AZ exactly
terryk:  BACK
mac:  We never wanted to coddle anyone this stems back to WU's comment educate, encourage entertain.
terryk:  HEY YABBA
terryk:  U THERE
terryk:  SO TELL ME ROOMIES WHAT ARE U HEARING
terryk:  I'M SURE SOME OF YOU ARE TALKING TO OTHERS ABOUT THIS
terryk:  SO MAC
ETSDOCS:  For those of you who have gotten your trust program from me. Banks and states are requiring that ou name successor trustees. They take over after an original trustee dies or is no longer a trustee. Even though my trusts permit appointing new trustees in most states you can not register a vehicle trust with naming the successor trustees. Send me an email at etsdocs2@juno.com requesting the form to use. You will have to attach the form to each trust and the bank documents.
terryk:  I HAD SOMEONE TELL ME THE OTHER DAY THEY HAD LIKE 400K DINAR AND THAT WOULD COVER THEIR BILLS AND A HOUSE BUT THEY STILL HAVE TO WORK
terryk:  I'M GOING WHAT THE HE$$
terryk:  EVEN AT RI RATE WHICH DR S SAYS MIM THAT WOULD BE OVER 1 MIL
ETSDOCS:  In 1984 the temperature was -29 - the coldest ever for Knoxville and the day before our furnace went kaput. We had a new furnace immediately.
terryk:  HEY DWIGHT HOW U DOING
terryk:  WHAT ARE U HEARING BUDDY I KNOW U HAVE SOME OLD EARS TO THE GROUND
arizona49:  On Varney >>>> gas in Randolph MO .99cents
mac:  TK I had an revelation there is an advantage to being broke........I have practically nothing to pay off.
terryk:  WOW
terryk:  THAT IS ONE WAY OF LOOKING AT IT
ETSDOCS:  TK - I am doing the best I have felt since September last year. The devil keeps trying to get me, so I tell him to go to he$$ - he knows where it is. Remember this: the more the devil goes after you the more you are in tune with God. When the devil leaves you alone it is time to start praying and reading the Bible.
terryk:  VERY WELL SAID DWIGHT
mac:  OK all gotta run, no matter what GOD is still in control and we have been chosen for a purpose. A purpose that will be revealed to us shortly. The bible tells us that if we lack anything, (like patience) we just have to ask GOD who gives freely to those that trust Him. Have a blessed weekend and we will meet on Monday morning.
ETSDOCS:  It is time to get to work- thanks for the get team fix. Dwight
terryk:  later bro
arizona49:  mac Enjoy your weekend, and thank you....see you here Monday
terryk:  thanks MAC
terryk:  DWIGHT
terryk:  I'M STAYING TILL WE SIGN OFF TODAY
terryk:  WHICH IS NOON
ETSDOCS:  My first love is for The Lord, my family, my dawg and then the get team
arizona49:  Dwight Thank you for coming in, always great to see you  Be well and enjoy your weekend
jannilew:  Good Morning
jannilew:  I think I missed everything this morning. Are we still here? 
arizona49:  yep we are
hogs4life:  Well that was some great info. Getting close to closing time.
terryk:  SO HERE IS THE DEAL
terryk:  IF YOU HEAR THAT THIS IS GOING DOWN,
terryk:  COME TO THE ROOM IT WILL BE OPEN, MIKE WATCHES CLOSE
terryk:  AND WE CAN TURN IT ON FAST
terryk:  OK
hogs4life:  Will Do TerryK
arizona49:  Be here for sure!!!!!!!!!
terryk:  I HAVE A SNEAKING FEELING ABOUT THIS WEEKEND
terryk:  IF IRAQ IS SUCCESSFUL WITH THE TROOPS
terryk:  IF THEY SECURE THEIR AREA OF NEEDS
terryk:  THIS MAY POP
arizona49:  fingers crossed TK
hogs4life:  Praying for it.
terryk:  ANNIES SONG
terryk:  PAM PUT IT UP PLEASE
arizona49:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C21G2OkHEYo  Annie's Song John Denver
terryk:  EVERYONE CLICK ON IT
terryk:  LISTEN
terryk:  KINDA WHAT WE TRY HERE
terryk:  FILL UP YOUR SENSES
terryk:  WITH INFORMATION
arizona49:  Yes, it is
terryk:  AND IF WE DON'T I'M SORRY
terryk:  BUT WE TRY
terryk:  SO WITH THAT
terryk:  GOD BLESS YOU ALL
terryk:  THANK U TEAM
arizona49:
terryk God bless you and yours.....Thank you so very much for being our constant .... have a wonderful weekend